Notice: Alamo Dam Flushing Flow Release Schedule
U.S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS, LOS ANGELES DISTRICT, ALAMO DAM
ISSUES A PUBLIC NOTICE
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Los Angeles District, Operations Branch, Alamo Dam, announces the planned dates for the March 2018 multi-purpose flushing flow release.
The Corps proposes a multi-purpose release water from Alamo Dam in order to facilitate required maintenance activities.
The release schedule is as follows:
1) The release will begin on March 12, 2018.
2) Ascending limb of the hydrograph will be moderate.
3) Maximum release will not exceed 5,000 cfs. The maximum release will not occur for more than 12 hours and will begin starting the evening of March 14.
4) Descending limb of the hydrograph will initially drop steeply, followed by a gradual return to base flow.
5) The release will end on April 1, 2018.
6) The final target elevation of the lake is 1100 ft.
The proposed hydrograph is attached for your reference.
The Corps can be reached for questions or concerns regarding Alamo Dam via email at: AlamoDamSPL@usace.army.mil
DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY
LOS ANGELES DISTRICT, U.S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS
915 WILSHIRE BOULEVARD, SUITE 930
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA 90017